Monday, January 28, 2008

The Ayan Episode

I was still feeling sleepy, very sleepy. Strange, as getting-up early was second nature to me. No, I think I got it, its the weather, it must be, it was all over the newspapers and TV channels, lowest recorded temperature in 45 years, minimum temp. was 10 degrees. Unthinkable in Mumbai !
It immediately felt good, to be able to blame mother nature for my laziness... was pure bliss. Anyways, its 7 AM and time for a cup of tea. I dragged my feet towards the kitchen when I heard robot's door opening. My God! robot up at 7 AM, miracle, a real miracle. I immediately glanced out of the kitchen door to throw some spicy comment, and found the blurred figure of Ayan, slowly getting into the washroom. Oh, so that was it, it was Ayan and not robot. Then it can happen. At least it is probable, but for robot to get up at 7 AM, well, Sania had a better chance of beating Sharapova at the Australian Open finals.
Ah, here we are back to tea making. The kitchen looks clean today. Oh, so they cleaned it up after dinner, good, robot is getting organised. Thump, thump, thump, ...... savdhan, vishram, savdhan.... ah, the security guards are at their 7 AM drill.
But, something was not quite right, right? Ayan and robot... had a fight last night, over who will make puris tomorrow night. And it went on and on and on till I and Saurav intervened. Ayan then had dinner and went to his flat. Did they make it up? But when? Oh, must be during their really late night walks in the park. These boys really have strange habits, like going for a walk at 2 AM etc. Ah, as long as they are happy about things and not disturbing me or pulling me up to accompany them on their nightly prowls, its fine.
So, its tea time. The washroom door opened. Let me ask Ayan what happened last night, I hurriedly moved out of the kitchen, and there was Ayan, little blurred, coming out in his trademark half-pants. "Ayan, hey Ayan", I called out, no response. "Arre Ayan", I called out louder this time. It was so irritating when people come out half asleep from toilets. They can hardly figure out what is happening around them, let alone respond to somebody calling out their name. I took a few steps towards Ayan and called out with irritation and anger in my voice, "Ayan, hey Ayan, can't you hear..."
Ayan started walking back towards robot's room, stopped midway, turned back and must've smiled his sly smile and muttered a "Hi !". I moved in closer, saucepan in hand, "Hi, I'm Sudeb, from TIS Kolkata".
I had left my glasses by the bedside.

Epilogue:
Robot is Abhishek, content writer from Kolkata. We joined on the same day. He mostly expresses himself in binary... and hence the name.
Ayan also joined as a content writer from Kolkata, but is currently posted in Mumbai.
We all stay at an apartment - Frangipani, at Powai, Mumbai.
Sudeb, by the way is the Manager-Marketing, from TIS Kolkata. He took our induction training.

No comments: